You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files. See EPA's PDF page for more information about getting and using the free Acrobat Reader.
Many links on the Web Guide are available to EPA Intranet users only. If you are an outside contractor working for EPA, please contact your EPA representative for more information. If you are another federal agency or other party interested in EPA's web policies and procedures, please contact EPA through the "Contact Us" page on this site.
Web or WebCMS Questions?
Email the EPA Call Center
Content Coordinators Authority, Responsibilities and Qualifications
Regional and Program Office Content Coordinators should report to either the Regional or Assistant Administrator or to the relevant Public Affairs or Communications Office Director.
The Regional/Program Office Content Coordinator:
- Serves as managing editor for all content on the region’s or program office’s Web site.
- Coordinates content organization within the region or office.
- Must have access and authority to properly manage their office Web site.
- Coordinates organization of the region’s or office’s content with larger Agency reorganization effort.
- Oversees development of web content supporting regional or office actions and announcements.
- Enhances the efficient and effective presentation of the region’s or office’s information.
- Advises senior and middle managers on the correlation of Web resources and the region’s or office’s communications priorities.
- Coordinates content delivery mechanisms with the regional or office Infrastructure Coordinator.
- Manages the implementation of Agency Web content policy, procedures and standards.
- Represents the region or office on the Web Council and attend regular meetings.
- Is an advocate for the Web to senior and middle regional and office management.
- Coordinates training for program and regional content providers.
- Identifies current and future content needs and priorities of the region or office; develops annual plan and strategy in association with regional or office infrastructure coordinator.
The Regional/Program Office Content Coordinator shall:
- Demonstrate ability to capture and convey the interrelationship of program information (and large concepts in general).
- Be accomplished in the communication of scientific and technical information to a broad range of readers.
- Be a strong writer and editor with emphasis on story/contextual editing (content grasp, flow and clarity).
- Be fully cognizant of Agency Web policy, standards and guidance.
- Be experienced in coordinating large and wide-reaching communications projects.
- Demonstrate ability to manage complex work flows, and multi-task under pressure and on deadline.
- Be conversant in Web basics.